Summary for ARTG Entry:
Convatec Australia Pty Ltd - AQUACEL Ag Hydrofiber Dressing with Silver & Strengthening Fibre -
Dressing, hydrophilic gel-forming
ARTG entry for
Medical Device Included Class III
ConvaTec Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 63,MULGRAVE, VIC, 3170
ARTG Start Date
Medical Device Class III
- The inclusion of the kind of device in the ARTG is subject to compliance with all conditions placed or imposed on the ARTG entry. Refer Part 4-5,
Division 2 (Conditions) of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 and Part 5, Division 5.2 (Conditions) of the Therapeutic Goods (Medical Devices) Regulations
2002 for relevant information.
- Breaching conditions of the inclusion related to the device of the kind may lead to suspension or cancellation of the ARTG entry; may be a criminal
offence; and civil penalties may apply.
Unit 20 1st Avenue Deeside Industrial Park
Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NU
1. AQUACEL Ag Hydrofiber Dressing with Silver & Strengthening Fibre - Dressing, hydrophilic gel-forming
Single Device Product
43186 Exudate-absorbent dressing, hydrophilic-gel
AQUACEL Ag absorbs & retains exudate by hydrophilic action. The dry dressing hydrates on contact with
wound fluid. The fibers swell while absorb exudate & bacteria, forming a soft, cohesive, clear gel. The
silver kills a broad spectrum of wound bacteria, aiding to create an antimicrobial environment.
Antimicrobial activity reduces return of viable bacteria back into the wound.
The moist environment & control of wound bacteria support the body's healing & helps reduce risk of
AQUACEL Ag Hydrofiber with Silver & Strengthening Fibre is intended to be used where a ribbon
presentation is considered most appropiate, for the management of:
- Wounds where there is an infection or an increased risk of infection;
- Partial thickness (second degree) burns;
- Diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers, (venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed aetiology)
and pressure ulcers/sores (partial & full thickness);
- Surgical wounds;
- Traumatic wounds;
- Wounds that are prone to bleeding, such as wounds that have been mechanically or surgically debrided;
- Oncology wounds with exudate, such as fungoides-cutaneous tumors, fungating carcinoma, cutaneous
metastasis, Kaposi's sarcoma, and angiosarcoma.
Size (cm) 1cm x 45cm
Size (cm) 2cm x 45cm
Size (cm) 2.5cm x 40cm
Size (cm) 2.5cm x 45cm
No Specific Conditions included on Record
© Commonwealth of Australia.This work is copyright.You are not permitted to re-transmit, distribute or commercialise the material without obtaining prior
written approval from the Commonwealth.Further details can be found at http://www.tga.gov.au/about/website-copyright.htm.
Page 1 of
Produced at 10.11.2017 at 04:11:27 AEDT
This is not an ARTG Certificate document.
The onus is on the reader to verify the current accuracy of the information on the document subsequent to the date shown.
Visit www.tga.gov.au for contact information